Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Poser and the Fig Leaf of Separation. .

I have a fig leaf and I use it to cover myself to pretend that my sin and shame is not an issue.
The Bible says love covers a multitude of sins.

So why did Adam and why do I use a fig leaf to cover my sins from those whose love would cover and wash our sin away.

By those I mean people around us, ultimately Christ is our redeemer, the Bible says when we confess our sins He (God) is faithful to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When I come to my family, friends and co-workers and say "hey I'm sorry I messed up here" then there is a covering of the sin and a washing that can come but it can only come when we expose it by removing the fig leaf of the poser

Love can't cover our sin if we are with our fig leaf of separation.

It's time to remove your fig leaf and become who God made you to be.

This week what would it look like to make a conscience effort to not cover your mistakes and failings but with a heart of repentance (desire for changing) come to those you have dealt wrongly with and be real about what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment