Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ezra

I have thought about why I want to share such a private moment so publicly as to put this message on my blog.

I feel that there is huge significance in spiritual milestones.

I want whoever reads this to know that your kids are never to young to be set on the path of Gods way with purpose.

This is what I never had but my prayer is that it will not just bless my son as he walks along the road to manhood but will inspire other fathers to spur their sons onward toward successful manhood with such commitments and blessings.

What you were given does not have to measure you and does have to be repeated.

You can be the blessing you never had to your sons and daughters by making their milestones important.

To my Son.

Your name Ezra is Hebrew in origin it means Helper/One who helps/gives aid.

My Son as I was praying for you. The Lord gave me this verse for you.

2 Timothy 1:7.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (NKJV)

As I read around this verse for context I saw that it began with Timothy being commissioned by Paul his spiritual father and closed with his release into his mission of preaching the gospel in fulfillment of his calling.

This is the day we dedicate you to Gods service and to his care.

My commission,

My son resist the fear that would attempt to hold you back from you embracing the call of God on your life.

Our God and Father has given you power and love and a sound mind.

My son may you have an unquenchable thirst for His presents.

My son may you have a heart for the lost and broken.

My son may wisdom ever guide your steps.

My son may your love for others overshadow the hurts and pain you will encounter.

My son may you be a light to those who would seek and a door to those who knock.

My commitment,

As your earthly father I will raise you up in such a way as to point you to your heavenly father from whom all blessings flow.

I will endeavor to be an example to you of a Godly man.

I will bring you up in a company of men who will be examples and burden bearers, men who will stand shoulder to shoulder with you and raise you up to be all that God has called you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment