Sunday, October 11, 2020

Hearing God. Part 4. Worship


There is an old song that comes to 
mind on this subject, I say old but it’s from the late 70s so I better be careful with that word “old”. 


Anyways. That song has really been stuck in my mind lately. As I mentioned last week I have fallen in love with worship again it’s better then it’s ever been too. 


What I have been really moved by is what I have come to personally see worship as. 


I’ve been told worship isn’t just singing it’s a way of living but I never really connected that to anything, until now. 


Reading my Bible this week in the gospel of John the story know as the encounter with the woman at the well in chapter 4 stuck out to me. It’s where Jesus makes a statement I never really saw although I read it numerous times. “True worshipers will worship... in spirit and in truth...” 


What came to my mind following reading that was a few things. 


Worship shifted from a place to a person, worship is relational not something we do. 


Everything we do can be worship because, if it’s relational it worship, if it’s worship it’s service, if it’s service it’s love, if it’s love it’s relational. 


This fits so well with the things I’ve been hearing from God in this hearing God course. (Funny how that happened listening brought clarity on direction, I should write that down somewhere.)


Showing love to those around me without a thought of the outcome has been more then a still small voice in my spirit these past few weeks it’s been a call, a call to worship. 


I see lots of people on the way to and from work on two buses and a train ride each way but I can’t say I interact with a lot of those I see but I’ve been changing that. 


I’ve been asking God to help me love the people I see like he does knowing their faults and still loving deeply enough to give up his life for them. 


So I figure I can give some time to converse with people I see sometimes every day or maybe just once. I don’t know how any act of worship, in the form of a smile or a hello or a longer conversation, will be taken but that’s not my responsibility mine is simply to be a worshiper. 


I’m Jason and this is life as I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment