Sunday, October 18, 2020

Hearing God. Part 5. Love like I’m made of it.


This hasn’t been the easiest week not because something went wrong or even that something didn’t go right but because I’m 100% sure of what I’m supposed to do with the rest of my life now and it scares the crap out of me.
 

The reason is scares me to much is because I don’t know what it is supposed to look like and I’m even less sure of what it will cost me but I can’t escape from the truth of it. 

Not anymore. 


Jesus had a mission. 

We quote it, write down its address to be seen on tv at sport games. It’s probably the most well know and maybe the least understood verse in the Bible. 

It’s John 3:16 it says “God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.”


God loved so He gave. 


It’s simple, but it’s not easy. 


‭‭We hear it, we know it, but living it’s message is not the same thing as quoting it by any stretch. Living love, becoming love requires some action. 


I’ve been reading two books at the same time this week by Bob Goff one to my kids. “Love Does for kids”and I’ve been reading “Everybody Always” as my own book. Sometimes I can’t help but tear up as I realize how far away from Gods plan of action my actions are. 


I live in a constant state of fear for so many things that just don’t matter and generally are so selfish. I’ve been so detoxed with my lack of tv and movies these last few weeks that I’ve come to realize just how selfish most of my actions have been and not selfish like I make sure I’m taking care of myself way but selfish like I’m worried I wore the same shirt to many times to work this month. 


My coworkers and neighbors, and that guy on the bus next to me may not feel like they matter. They may not know that Jesus came for them out of love because the one sent to that company, who lives on that street and who rides that bus is afraid to reach out in love. 


In the book Everybody Always Bob Goff talks about doing a parade to celebrate his neighbor's every year on New Year’s Day. 


             A FREAKING PARADE! 


How amazing is that? I read that and immediately thought I want to do that, I could do that, I’m going to do that.  


The hardest step is the first one so why not go for it. 


Somehow in my daily grind I forgot how to love the people around me who can do nothing for me but need me to do something for them, make an introduction to someone who loves them enough to come to them. 


I need to change the way I read John 3:16 so here’s my new version. 


For God so loved the people working at Yokohama, those who live on Hood ave and they that ride the 6am #33 mission bus that he sent his son Jason to them so that they would have a chance to meet his son Jesus in the love that comes from Jason each and every encounter. 


Change the name of the company, the street and the morning routine and you will see people who God made and loves and he’s sent you to love like your made out of it because if Jesus is in you then you are, you just may have forgotten too. 


I’m Jason and this is life as I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment