Sunday, October 25, 2020

Hearing God. Part 6. Look for opportunity.


I’m a recovering excusaholic.

I’ve said “I can’t” more times then I’ve said my name I think. 


Excuses are so easy to present when challenges come because they don’t cost anything to make, at the beginning anyways. 

Solutions however cost us something immediately. 


Last week I said I knew what I was supposed to do but didn’t know what to do. 

That’s a total excuse. 

I won’t let me kids say “I don't know” when asked a question. 

I demand they tell me they will think about it or find out. 

But I let myself say I don’t know and I won’t try find out all the time. 


Well there are plenty of reason why becoming love, as Bob Goff describes it, isn’t possible. 

But it’s necessary. 

It’s my true act of worship. 


I was challenged this weekend to not ask how little is required of me. But to ask how far can I go? 


The later I s a much better question it’s like saying “I’ll find out” or “I’ll think about it” immediately opportunity and options open up. 


I really don’t have a lot to say about this subject because talking is also missing the point. 


I need to use the power of 5 as John C. Maxwell says it. 

1. Know what you want to accomplish. 

2. Have the right tool. 

3. Take action. 

4. Stay focused. 

5. Be consistent. 


I’m Jason and this is life as I see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment